Communication is essential, especially during this time—and it will be equally important several months from now. Hopefully, you’ve used any downtime during the pandemic to stay connected with your patients.
As the economy opens, it’s important to forge ahead with your marketing efforts, including a specific plan to ramp up your marketing activities.
Practices that act now and adapt to the current environment will capture new patients as well as maintain a high volume of patients after the initial influx of demand has settled. Being proactive with your marketing strategy will ensure the near-term demand you experience won’t drop off in one, three, or six months, allowing you to continuously grow your business.
Consult YHN’s COVID-19 Resources Center provides healthcare professionals with strategic business advice and support, including virtual webinars, financial analyses, articles, marketing collateral, and more. A useful resource is our Cash Flow Analysis tool which determines your current and future months’ liquidity. This information allows you to forecast how much you can spend on marketing each month, with a goal to ramp up spend as your budget and timing allows.
Your messaging today is more significant than ever – it needs to be relevant, clear, and consistent across all of your marketing initiatives. It should address patients’ current needs and concerns, like providing a safe and caring environment as well as acknowledging that those struggling with hearing loss are even more challenged by COVID-19 safety measures.
Whether your practice is operating with a proactive marketing budget, limited budget, or no additional spend budget, we have solutions to help you drive new opportunities. There are many ways to stay top-of-mind with your patients without spending a lot of money. Below are Consult YHN’s marketing recommendations based on your practice’s current budget and timing.
Budget: No Additional Spend
- Update Annual Marketing Plan
- Prioritize & Call Database (follow-up as needed via email)
- Tested Not Sold
- Care After “Yes”
- Out of Warranty (3 years+)
- Set up Online Scheduling
- Utilize Consult Marketing Collateral
- Update Digital Presence
- Physician Referrals (call and email)
- Prioritize Community Outreach
- Create Videos for Social Media (how-to, virtual events, etc.)
- Prioritize your patients and schedule
- Fill your schedule with revenue-generating opportunities
- Utilize no/low-cost marketing initiatives
- Prepare for pent up demand from individuals seeking hearing help
- Focus on marketing to maintain momentum
- Depending on the response/how your patients are reacting, move on to higher-cost marketing initiatives
Sample COVID-19 Marketing Collateral, Available for Immediate Use
Budget: Minimal Spend
“No Additional Spend” initiatives +
- Database Letters
- Never stop reaching out to your database!
- Consult Database Program
- Our turnkey solution for database outreach enables your team to focus on closing more opportunities and helping more patients. We help you implement a consistent strategy, targeting each segment of your database with custom letters and follow-up calls that drive appointments and sales. From designing and printing to mailing and reporting—we handle it all, and at a competitive rate that’s included in your monthly Consult statement.
- Email Marketing
- Sending emails to your database is easy and inexpensive. You can check to see who clicked or opened the email in order to prioritize lead follow up via a phone call. For example, people who open and click on your email are the most engaged, so start with them, then work down the list. We recommend ConstantContact because it is easy to use and signs a Business Associate Agreement (BAA).
- Consult Upgrade Program
- For over a decade, Consult Upgrade has been the most effective way for practice owners to reach their patients and increase sales. For a one-time flat fee, a dedicated Digital Technology Consultant will work with you on-site to organize and run an Upgrade event that, on average, yields an additional $51,250 in sales for practices. The schedule for 2020 is almost full – act fast to secure your spot!
- Once you’ve maximized your database outreach efforts, consider:
- Are people responding?
- Do you need to make any changes?
- Have you exhausted all potential?
- Is revenue ramping up?
- Based on the answers above, decide on strategy and timing for direct mail drop and digital advertising.
- Once you’ve seen all of your existing patients as well as all the new patients willing to come in regardless of COVID-19, the next step is crucial – and marketing will be key. Your marketing plan needs to be set now so that you can implement and capture the untapped group of new patients and your demand and revenue can consistently grow.
Budget: Pro-Active Spend
Timing: When Ready (Cash-Flow Dependent)
“No Additional Spend” initiatives + “Minimal Spend” initiatives +
- Direct Mail
- Digital Advertising
- Pay-Per-Click (PPC)
- Facebook Advertising
- Display Retargeting
- Consult Digital Program
- Drive and convert more quality leads with our industry-leading digital solution! We outperform the competition so that your website dominates the first page of Google for the top hearing healthcare keywords. We also track your results and provide you a return on your investment.
- Lead time considerations for direct mail: 3.5 weeks ahead of the event
- If you have the budget, spend it on PPC. Cost per lead is lower right now, meaning your budget will go further than it did pre-COVID-19. For example, based on the current environment there are fewer businesses competing for keywords, etc. This trend will end as business returns to normal. If your budget allows, there’s a significant, yet, temporary opportunity to introduce your practice to as many patients as possible at a lower cost than normal.