What Can Public Relations Do For Me?
A strong and effective public relations plan can build your practice’s reputation and position you in the best light with your community/target audience. With a competitive market especially in the hearing device industry, you need to determine strategies to stand out among your competitors. Incorporating public relations into your marketing plan increases awareness and highlights why your hearing healthcare services are the best.
Successful Public Relations is the development and telling of a good “story.” You may be curious as to how you can turn industry news or clinical information into a compelling story? The key is finding the hook.
Oticon recently unveiled its new Alta hearing device. Ask yourself:
- How can this hearing aid make a difference in the lives of my current and prospective customers?
- What new technologies does it feature?
- How can it improve the quality of life for customers?
The stronger you develop the “story,” the greater the acceptance by the media and public, which will add to the success of your public relations strategy.
Positioning Yourself as an Industry Expert
The importance of integrating public relations into your overall marketing strategy continues to evolve. According to The Fall of Advertising and the Rise of PR (Harper Business) – American marketing strategists argue that public relations has become the most effective way to build a brand. Business owners, like you, become known in their respective fields of concentration through public relations and the associated media generated. Therefore, integrating a public relations strategy into your overall business plan will help solidify you as an industry leader while bringing focus to your individual services.
Explore the Benefits of PR
Public Relations, if done right, can reach a large audience without the traditional expense associated with advertising and marketing. A few of the significant public relations benefits include the following:
- An economical way to reach your target audience in masses
- The awareness of, and the demand for, your company’s products or services
- Strengthening your company image and perception
- Painting the picture of a company that is active and innovative
- Creating additional credibility within your community
- Giving you an advantage over competitors that are not utilizing PR effectively
- Increasing online visibility, when integrated into your digital marketing strategy
If PR is not a part of your marketing plan currently, it may be time to consider implementing a public relations campaign to complement your existing initiatives. PR is an influential and cost-effective way to reach key audiences and influencers. PR focuses on promoting your company, establishing your business’ identity, and maintaining credibility – all with the end result of building an engaged and happy customer base!
For additional information on getting a PR campaign started, please check out our other PR blog post here: Public Relations: Beyond the Parties & On a Budget or contact marketing at email@example.com to explore Consult YHN’s PR archives and ‘How Tos.’